Packers to host youth football camps
Jul 26, 2013; Green Bay, WI, USA; Green Bay Packers offensive tackle Derek Sherrod signs autographs during opening day of training camp at Nitschke Field. Photo: Image by Benny Sieu-USA TODAY Sports
The Green Bay Packers are giving youth the chance to learn the game from former Packers Pro Bowlers and others who wore the green and gold.
The Packers will host their youth football camps in 10 places across Wisconsin. Former stars like John Anderson, Ahman Green, Bryce Paup and Bill Schroeder will teach young people ages 6-14 during the camps, with specific accelerated skills camps for kids 9-14 and private instruction camps.
The Packers say they will use the NFL's "Heads Up" curriculum, which focuses on keeping proper tackling technique to avoid injuries like concussions.
Week-long camps will run 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day and will cost $320, though young people who register before April 25 will be charged $270.
Camps will happen in these locations:
- Elm Grove: Elm Grove Lutheran School on July 21-25
- Franklin: Milwaukee County Sports Complex on June 23-27
- Glendale: Nicolet High School on July 14-18
- Green Bay: East High School on July 14-18
- Kenosha: Kenosha YMCA on July 7-11
- Madison: Abundant Life Christian School on June 16-20
- Madison: Bishop O'Conner Center on July 21-25
- Mequon: Triinity Lutheran School on June 16-20
- Oshkosh: Oshkosh Community YMCA on July 7-11
- Waukesha: Heyer Elementary School on June 23-27