Harbor House Recovering from Fire
APPLETON -- Harbor House in Appleton is asking for your help in donations after a devastating fire.
65 women and children are without a place to stay until repairs are complete. Most of the damage to the building was water damage caused by the shelter's sprinkler system. The fire department says the Saturday night blaze was started by a child playing with a lighter. Leaders with the shelter say they hope to have everyone back inside by the end of this week.
"The community has been great so far and what we need most are pillows and clean bed sheets and if people are interested in giving in kind in that way, they can give us a call first," says Executive Director Beth Schnorr.
Support group sessions have been cancelled for this week, but the shelter hopes those can resume next week.