Loading...

4th Person Charged in Attack on Montee Ball

Montee Ball is a Heisman Trophy contender after rushing for 1,923 yards last season. Photo: Image by Associated Press

4th Person Charged in Attack on Montee Ball

By Mike Conroy. CREATED Jul 18, 2013

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- The fourth and final person charged in an attack on former Badgers running back Montee Ball is in custody.

Twenty-eight-year-old Karlis Griffin was arrested on a warrant in Chicago last week. Griffin is in the Dane County Jail.

A criminal complaint says Griffin stomped on Ball's head during last summer's attack as Ball was walking home with three friends in Madison at bar time. Ball suffered a concussion and says he doesn't remember the attack.

The State Journal (http://bit.ly/17nmxJo ) says Griffin has a prior felony battery conviction in Wisconsin.

Ball was taken in the second round of the National Football League draft by the Denver Broncos.