WPS Hunter Safety Warning
Photo: Video by nbc26.com
CREATED Nov. 8, 2012
With Wisconsin's Gun-Deer season a week away, Wisconsin Public Service has an important reminder for hunters.
People heading up to their cabins or shakcs in the woods should be aware of carbon-monoxide poisoning.
WPS recommends having a working CO and smoke detector and make sure the batteries work. CO is odorless and colorless and can build up in a confined area and become fatal.
Signs of CO poisoning include headache, dizziness, fatigue and nausea. Make sure to open windows and doors to prevent CO buildup in your cabin.