CREATED Sep. 5, 2012
Green Bay, WI -
Beat the lunch crunch!Thanks to Weight Watchers, there are a number of ways to make healthy school and work lunches for the entire family. Mornings can be hectic - that's why it's a great idea to pack your lunch the night BEFORE.
- 1 cup farmer cheese
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, trimmed and diced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 mini whole wheat pita breads, halved
Stir the farmer cheese, bell peppers, cheddar, scallions, and black pepper together in a medium bowl. Divide the mixture among the pita halves.
Turkey and Cheddar Wrap
- 1 1/2 Tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mustard, coarse-grain
- 2 medium whole wheat tortilla(s), warmed according to package
- 4 oz cooked turkey breast with skin, chopped
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), diced
- 2 Tbsp uncooked red onion(s), diced
- 1 cup(s) fresh lettuce
- 3 Tbsp low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese, sharp-variety
In a small cup, combine mayonnaise and mustard. Lay tortillas on a cutting board; spread with mustard mixture. Top tortillas with turkey, placing it about 1-inch from edges; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top turkey with tomatoes, onion, lettuce and cheese. Tuck in sides of tortilla and then roll it up tightly; cut in half on a diagonal. Yields 2 halves per serving
Weight Watchers is also holding their 5th annual Lose for Good campaign. They'll hold a special one-day food drive on September 15th to benefit local food banks in Green Bay.