Horsing Around & Acting Corny
Photo: Video by nbc26.com
Green Bay, WI -
· Sundance is Mulberry Lane Farm’s miniature horse. He is 10-years-old and is 8 hands high. (One hand equals 4 inches)
· Height is the main identifying characteristic of a miniature horse compared to a standard size horse.
· A miniature horse is shaped proportionately. Imagine taking a standard horse and downsizing it without changing its features.
· On average, miniature horses may live one-third longer than large horses.
· A baby horse is NOT a pony. No more than a Chihuahua being a baby Great Dane.
· Smokey is a 25-year-old Welsh pony. The Welsh Pony was bred larger to meet the demand for a larger riding pony. Smokey is the tallest pony in Mulberry Lane Farm’s pony ring at 12.5 hands.
· The average Welsh pony is 13 hands and can live to be 30 to 40 years old.
· Horses and ponies possess a sweet-tooth, and are fond of apples and sweet corn.
Fun Corn Facts
· Field corn (used mainly for animal consumption) has a hard outer shell about the thickness of a fingernail. Humans consume sweet corn because the kernels are softer and sweeter.
· The average ear of corn has 800 kernels, arranged in 16 rows. An ear of corn always has an even number of rows.
· The corn stalk can grow as tall as 15 feet, depending on the climate and variety. Field corn stalks are taller than sweet corn. Some sweet corn stalks may only grow to be 4 feet tall.
August 11-12, "CornFest" at Mulberry Lane Farm
· FREE all you can eat Corn-on-the-Cob with paid General Admission.
· Admission includes guided tours of the farm - milk a cow, ride a pony, enjoy and hayride and more!
· Other fun stuff…guest appearance by Rover the Dog and Friendly the Scarecrow, Cornbox Play Station, A Step Back in Time Barn & The Blacksmith Shop.
· Caramel Apples, Homemade Sloppy Joes & more available for purchase.
· Sat & Sun, August 11 & 12 starting at 10:00 AM. Last admission taken at 3:00 PM. Admission $11 per person (under 24 months FREE) www.mulberrylanefarmwi.com or call 920-989-3130