Weather Alerts 3 View »

Glenmore Fire Causes Damage to Building and Equipment

Mike Conroy

Glenmore Fire Causes Damage to Building and Equipment

CREATED Jul. 12, 2012

GLENMORE, Wis--Firefighters have contained a blaze at home on Ridgeview Road in Glenmore this afternoon. According to witnesses on the scene, the fire started when the home owners were unloading hay and hit a light bulb. That caused a spark and fire inside a barn on the property.

The building had no animals, only straw, hay, and equipment inside. Six fire departments called due to fuel oil tank on the property. Firefighters kept fire away from the tank, to prevent an explosion.  The building sustained about $30,000 in damage There was an estimated $100,000 loss to equipment inside.

Loading...