Loading...

Weather Alerts 15 View »

Dog starts house fire after turning on stove

Dog starts house fire after turning on stove

By Julianne Cassidy. CREATED Sep 2, 2014

A New Jersey's family dog accidentally set their house on fire Friday night after allegedly turning on the stove.

"Upon arrival, smoke was seen coming out of the roof of the home, [Sgt. James] Tranz said [in a news release.] The Forked River Fire Department then went inside the home and put the fire out," local publication, Asbury Park Press reports.

"The fire department determined the cause of the fire was from a laptop that had been placed on top of a stove, Tranz said," Asbury Park Press further details. "Following investigation, it is believed that the dog that was inside of the house accidentally turned the stove on which then went on to burn the laptop, Tranz said."

The dog was alone in the house at the time of the fire, but was rescued without injury.

Julianne Cassidy

Julianne Cassidy

Email Facebook Twitter
A city girl gone country, Julianne Cassidy is a newly Nashville-based entertainment journalist from Philadelphia.