Springfield Public Schools Plans On Having Classes Thursday
Springfield Public Schools students should plan to ahead and set the alarm clocks tonight. The district released a statement Wednesday night saying they plan on holding class on Thursday based on their current observations.
Of course you can get the latest cancellations as they coming in from KTTS News by clicking here.
Full District Press Release
Springfield Public Schools plans to resume classes Thursday, Feb. 6.
Temperatures will be cold in the morning so it is important for parents to ensure children are properly dressed before they leave home for school.
Many public sidewalks and residential streets are still snow covered so parents and students should exercise caution.
The following tips are provided to help reduce the risk of health problems caused by exposure in cold weather:
- Wear layers of clothing, such as a T-shirt under a sweatshirt. Wear a warm coat for an outer layer.
- Prevent heat loss by wearing a hat and gloves or mittens. Remember to wear warm socks and water-resistant shoes or boots.
- Get plenty of rest and eat a hot meal before school.
- If a bus is running more than 30 minutes late, students should return home and call the district's transportation department at 523-0500.
- Motorists are also reminded to drive cautiously Thursday morning. As students return to school there will be increased pedestrian and automobile traffic around schools.