Public Meeting Scheduled For Thursday On Highway 60 Project In Rogersville
Photo: Image by Missouri Department of Transportation
The Missouri Department of Transportation will go over its construction plans for Highway 60 in the Rogersville area during a public meeting on Thursday.
Edited from a press release from the Missouri Department of Transportation:
Construction is expected to begin in September on a project to upgrade U.S. 60 to a freeway through Rogersville. The public is invited to a meeting 4:30-6:30 p.m. Thursday, August 28, at the Upper Elementary school in Rogersville to view the improvements and the construction timeline.
The project will convert Route 60 to a freeway between Greene County Farm Road 241 west of Rogersville and Chicory Road east of Rogersville.
- Build an interchange at Route 60 and Farm Road 253
- Build an interchange at Route 60 and Routes B/VV
- Build an overpass over Route 60 at Farm Road 247
- Build two-way backage roads with one-way outer road
- Widen Farm Road 253 between Route 60 and Center Street
- Reconfigure intersection of Route VV and Redbud Street
- Improve the intersection of Route VV and Johnstown Drive
- Add turn lanes on Route 60 at Chicory Road and at Peck Hollow Road
The project is being designed and built by Ozark Regional Road Constructors (ORRC) which is a team of engineering and construction companies:
- Radmacher Brothers Excavating Company, Inc. -- Pleasant Hill, MO
- Reynolds, Smith & Hills, Inc. -- Jacksonville, FL
- CFS Engineers -- Kansas City, MO
- Palmerton & Parrish, Inc. -- Springfield, MO
- TREKK Design Group, LLC -- Kansas City, MO
- Hg Consult, Inc. -- Kansas City, MO
- Fall 2013 -- The district prepares request for qualifications and request for proposal documents.
- December 2, 2013 -- An informational meeting for potential design-build teams interested in the project held.
- January through April 2014 -- Evaluation process for design-build teams and their proposals.
- June 2014 -- Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awards contract.
- August 2014 -- A design public meeting will be scheduled.
- September 2014 -- Construction begins on the project.
- December 2016 -- Project is completed.
1. Deliver the project within the programmed budget of $35 million.
2. Convert U.S. 60 into a freeway between County Road 241 on the west and near Chicory Road on the east, providing two points of controlled access to U.S. 60 in the vicinity of Greene County Farm Road 253 and Webster County Route B/VV.
3. Engage stakeholders and the community to develop and deliver the project while minimizing impacts.
4. Impress our customers through innovative traffic control solutions that conveniently, efficiently and safely move drivers through the project during and after construction.
5. Create a new model for purchasing right-of-way on a design-build project.
6. Complete the project by December 2016.