Former Fort Leonard Wood Soldier To Face Court-Martial
An Army drill sergeant at Fort Leonard Wood, who has been charged with sexual assault and harassment, will face a court-martial next month.
Edited from a press release from Fort Leonard Wood:
A Soldier assigned to the 14th Military Police Brigade here is scheduled for court-martial Sept. 22 at Fort Leonard Wood.
The accused, Staff Sgt. Angel Sanchez, is charged with:
- Six specifications of sexual assault and nine specifications of abusive sexual contact;
- One specification of assault;
- One specification of attempting to commit indecent viewing;
- One specification of attempting to commit abusive sexual contact;
- Six specifications of failing to obey lawful regulations;
- And nine specifications of maltreatment.
If convicted of all charges, Sanchez could face the maximum punishment of reduction to the grade of E-1, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, 275 years confinement, and a dishonorable discharge.
Fort Leonard Wood officials emphasize the charges constitute an accusation, and Sanchez is innocent unless proven guilty.