Carbon Monoxide Poisoning At A Business In Nixa
From a press release from the nixa Fire Department...
Just before today the Nixa Fire District was requested for a male patient with chest pain in the 1200 block of Ashley Drive in Nixa. When crews started to evaluate the patient for reported chest pain, the Carbon Monoxide alarm on the EMS kit started to alert "high" readings in the building. The Nixa firefighters quickly evacuated the building and continued to treat the patient outside. Another Nixa crew responded and found readings inside the building of over 700 parts per million. This reading could be fatal in just a few hours of exposure.
A second ambulance was requested for other patients exposed to the carbon monoxide. Only one patient was transported; two were treated and released on the scene. All of the occupants treated did have confirmed levels of Carbon Monoxide in their system. The firefighters exposed did not show any sign or reading of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
After some further investigation the Carbon Monoxide was found to be coming from a forklift that had been running in the shop area.