Resurfacing Between Nevada, El Dorado Springs
Road Work SIgn
press release from MoDOT
Route 54 between I-49 in Nevada and Route 32 near El Dorado Springs is scheduled to be resurfaced beginning the week of July 15, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.
Crews will begin work at I-49 in Nevada and progress east toward El Dorado Springs.
* Drivers can expect one-lane traffic where crews are set up working.
* A pilot vehicle will lead drivers through the work zone. Drivers on side roads should wait for the pilot vehicle before entering Route 54.
* Flaggers also will direct drivers through the work zone.
* Drivers can expect nighttime lane closings when crews reach El Dorado Springs. Crews will work only at night between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
* The rest of the work on the project will take place during daytime hours.
* Resurface 18 miles of Route 54 between I-49 in Nevada and Route 32 in El Dorado Springs
* Resurface concrete shoulders along Route 54 in Dederick
* Install edgeline and centerline rumble stripe on Route 54
Prime contractor: Chester Bross Construction Co. of Palmyra.
Construction cost: $2.3 million.
Completion: Late September. Although, the contractor has plans to complete the project well ahead of the deadline.