Quick Call By Neighbor Saves Pizza Parlor In Nixa
Photo: Image by Nixa Fire Protection District
from a Nixa Fire Protection District press release:
A fire behind Godfathers Pizza north of Nixa was quickly extinguished due to the quick response from a passerby. On her way to pick up a family member from work she spotted the fire behind the building. She quickly called 911 and evacuated the Sinclair gas station.
When Nixa firefighters arrived they found fire behind the building near the dumpsters. The fire was quickly extinguished and both buildings were checked for extension of fire inside. Only the siding and some utilities were damaged on the exterior of the building.
No one was injured due to the fire and both businesses will be open today for business. Firefighters from Clever, Highlandville, Battlefield, and Ozark also responded to assist. The cause of the fire is believed to be from discarded smoking materials.
Nixa Fire District wants to remind everyone, if you see fire or smoke don't hesitate to call 911 and report it.
If you own a business, create an area safe for smoking with a fire resistant receptacle for smoking materials and an area free of combustibles.