13 Things To Do This Week On The Las Vegas Strip
David Gray performs at agit8 at Tate Modern, ONE's campaign ahead of the G8 on June 12, 2013 in London, England. Photo: Image by Getty Images
Here is a list of 13 Things To Do This Week On The Las Vegas Strip for Aug. 27 through Sept. 4:
1. Comedian Adam Carolla is bringing his podcast the stage at Treasure Island on Aug. 28. He will be joined by Rick Harrison from "Pawn Stars." An after-party, where Carolla will introduce his new ready-to-drink cocktail, will take place at Crazy Horse III.
2. Ed Sheeran blends soulful vocals with organic folk introspection and irresistible hip-hoop hooks. The 23-year-old British singer's first album debuted at No. 1 on the UK Albums Chart. Sheeran performs Aug. 29-30 in The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan.
3. Ron White, known for his performances as part of "The Blue Collar Comedy Tour," performs Aug. 30 and 31 in the Terry Fator Theatre at The Mirage. White's comedy albums include "Drunk In Public" and "You Can't Fix Stupid."
4. New York emcee and singer Theophilus London will bring his genre-bending sound to The Cosmopolitan on Aug. 28. London is also known for his unique fashion sense. London's performance is part of the Set Your Life To Music summer concert series at The Cosmopolitan.
5. Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers from Tempe, Arizona, will bring their twangy, hard-rock sound to the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay on Aug. 30. The group released their seventh full-length album titled "The Independent" in April 2014. Clyne previously performed with The Refreshments and The Mortals.
6. The Avett Brothers will bring their special blend of brotherly harmony to the Brooklyn Bowl Aug. 29 through Aug. 31. Only two members of the five-man band are actually brothers though -- Scott and Seth Avett. Others members include Bob Crawford, Joe Kwon and Mike Marsh. The Avett Brothers combine bluegrass, country, punk, pop, folk, rock and roll, honky tonk and ragtime.
7. If you didn't make it to SLS Las Vegas for their grand opening, this weekend would be a good time to check out the LiFE Nightclub. Special guests include Laidback Luke, who has given new meaning to the EDM party scene, on Aug. 29; two-time Grammy nominated Australian DJ and producer Dirty South on Aug. 30; and Deep Dish with special guest Pete Tong on Aug. 31. The Sayers Club will celebrate their grand opening with pop artist Tove Lo on Aug. 28.
8. Grammy-nominated artist David Gray will stop by the Hard Rock Hotel during his North American summer tour on Aug. 30. The artist recently wrapped a series of exclusive spring theater dates that sold out in minutes. Gray is one of the UK's leading music artists.
9. Despite his roots, Keith Urban is one of the biggest names in Nashville. The Australian, who was born in New Zealand, has helped rewrite the rules of contemporary country music. Urban will perform in The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan on Aug. 31.
10. It's Labor Day Weekend and Las Vegas is the place to be if you are looking for a party. There will be pool parties, fireworks, food and drink specials, and more.
11. Avalon Landing, Ekoh and Yaygos will perform in a local band showcase at the Boulevard Pool at The Cosmopolitan on Sept. 4. Avalon Landing formed in the summer of 2011 and is made up of Josh Rabenold (keys/vocals), Clayton Cobb (lead guitar/backing vocals), Mike Vargovich (guitar/vocals), John Lloyd (drums) and Corey Surratt (bass/backing vocals). The band plays at different locations regularly and can be heard on local radio stations.
12. If you like shopping, the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood has a deal for you. Anyone who spends $200 or more at participating stores will receive a $20 dining certificate. It is part of their "Shop & Eat" program for this fall. Guest must present same-day receipts at customer service desk to receive certificate.
13. Delmonico Steakhouse and Kosta Browne Winery are hosing an exclusive wine pairing dinner on Sept 4 at Delmonico inside of The Venetian. Chef de Cuisine Ronnie Rainwater of Delmonico Steakhouse and special guest Winemaker Dan Kosta will take guests through five courses with pairings from the award-winning Kosta Browne Winery. Limited space. Call 702-414-3737.
If you have an event that you would like included in our weekly list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.