13 Things To Do This Week In Downtown Las Vegas
Here is a list of 13 Things To Do In Downtown Las Vegas for the week of Sept. 4 though 11:
1. Nacho Daddy is hosting the Daddy's Football Kick-Off BBQ beginning at 4 p.m. Sept. 4. A BBQ plate for $232 will feature BBQ chicken, brisket, Mexican corn and fries. There will be a half-time raffle.
2. First Friday will be taking over the streets again on Sept. 5. The monthly celebration features more than 100 artists, food trucks, live music and more. This month's theme is "The Harvest."
3. Whether or not you want to believe it, Christmas is right around the corner. The Las Vegas Harvest Festival Original Art & Craft Show is a great place to get started on your shopping. The event is taking place Sept. 5 through 7 at Cashman Center.
4. The Sindicate Birthday Extravaganza and Afterhours is taking place 5 to 11 p.m. Sept. 5. The event will feature music and festivities at Downtown Spaces and at the Hard Hat Lounge on Industrial Road. There will be more than 20 of Las Vegas best DJ's in attendance.
5. Broadway's smash hit "Kinky Boots" just opened at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. Inspired by a true story, Kinky Boots features a joyous, Tony-winning score by Cyndi Lauper, direction and Tony-winning choreography by Jerry Mitchell and a hilarious, uplifting book by four-time Tony winner Harvey Fierstein. Performances continue through Sept. 14.
6. Las Vegas Pride 2014 is taking place this weekend in downtown Las Vegas. There will be a night parade on Sept. 5 on Fourth Street from West Charleston Boulevard to Ogden Avenue and a festival at the Clark County Amphitheater from noon to 10 p.m. on Sept. 6. Other events are also taking place around the city.
7. The Gridiron Grill-Off returns Sept. 6 and 7 to the Downtown Las Vegas Events Center. The event features some of the world's best barbecue teams. Sponsored by Kansas City Barbecue Society.
8. DISCOVERY Children's Museum will hold a GoldieBlox "Miss Princess Engineer" Workshop from 8 a.m. to noon Sept. 6. This workshop will encourage attendees to explore the engineering process while building cool contraptions using simple machines. At the end of the experience attendees will be able to assemble their very own GoldieBlox Parade Float and show off their hard work to their parents. Fees apply.
9. Pizza Rock is hosting a viewing party of "The Chew" at noon on Sept. 5. Pizza Rock is being featured on the program. Free passed food and drinks during viewing party.
10. Banger Brewing in Neonopolis on Fremont Street will be celebrating Firkin Friday on Sept. 5. They will tap the first firkin at 6 p.m.
11. Smash Magazine will present the alternative rock group Shiny Toy Guns Sept. 6 at Backstage Bar & Billiards. Shiny Toy Guns self-released We Are Pilots in 2005, selling thousands of copies out of their van. The album was picked up by Universal and nationally released in 2006. Since then, they have enjoyed commercial success with several of the other songs.
12. The Downtown Speaker Series will feature Don Levy on Sept. 5 at The Learning Village. Don Levy has been at the forefront of the entertainment industry’s digital transformation throughout his career as a senior executive in animation, visual effects, digital media, television and movies.
13. The bottomless Hangover Brunch takes place every Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Bar + Bistro at the Arts Factory. Bottomless mimosas and bloody marys for only $12. Live music.
If you would like to submit an event to our weekly list, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.