13 Things To Do This Week In Downtown Las Vegas
Here is a list of 13 Things To Do This Week In Downtown Las Vegas for Aug. 14-21:
1. The popular local band Rusty Maples is celebrating the release of their third EP with a party at Velveteen Rabbit on Aug. 15. Special guests will include Black Camaro and Hassan. The 50 Shades of Green food truck will be on hand to serve guests that night.
2. If you are planning a wedding or hoping to do so soon, the Bridal Spectacular Expo at Cashman Center this weekend will have everything you need to create the perfect day.
3. The Park on Fremont will celebrate National Rum Day on Aug. 16. There will be a special Bloody Jerry Brunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. A do-it-yourself rum bar will be filled with tasty snacking garnishes including mac and cheese balls, chicken wings, sliders, crisp bacon, pickled eggs and more. There will also be non-edible garnishes for the Bloody Jerrys. Each drink in a collectible glass will cost $8. Patrons who Instagram their best Bloody Jerrys will also be entered to win a brunch for 10.
4. David Perrico and his twenty-piece band Pop Evolution transforms popular songs from all genres into a one-of-a-kind sound experience. Check them out in the Cabaret Jazz Theater at The Smith Center on Aug. 19.
5. A wax statue of Whoopi Goldberg will greet theater-goers through Aug. 17 when they attend a performance of "Ghost The Musical" at The Smith Center. The statue is on loan from Madame Tussauds Las Vegas. The musical closes Aug. 17.
6. A Vintage Bike Night will take place from 7 to 10 p.m. Aug. 15 at the Arts Factory. There will be classic motorcycles, cafe racers, custom bikes, scooters, live music, live body painting, and more.
7. Nacho Daddy has announced that they are now serving breakfast beginning at 7 a.m. Mondays through Fridays and 8 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
8. If you are interested in improving your HDR Photography skills, check out the class from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 16 at the Learning Village. Taught by Las Vegas photographer Cameron Grant. The seminar is free.
9. If you think you are a good singer, you should try your luck in the karaoke contest on Aug. 19 at Rachel's Kitchen. This month's special guest judges are Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh, Life is Beautiful festival founder Rehan Choudhry and Ashton Allen, the "music guy" for the Downtown Project.
10. It's Doggie Date Night again on Aug. 19 at the Downtown Container Park. The event begins at 8 p.m. and the first hour is family firendly. Pre-registration is required.
11. Brazilian jazz singer Patty Ascher will take the stage at 6 p.m. Aug. 20 at the Downtown Container Park.
12. It's Bike Night on Aug. 21 at Cashman Field. Tickets are only $10 when purchased from Hogs & Heifers Saloon and $5 from each ticket will be donated to the Epilepsy Foundation. A motorcycle procession will take place from the saloon to Cashman Field before the baseball game. Motorcyclists will also make a loop on the warning track inside the stadium and park in a special spot for the game.
13. The Downtown Grand is now offering dollar specials every day and free food for slot players. The dollar specials include a $3 S+O cheeseburger or specialty shot; $2 pretzels and domestic bottled beers; and $1 kosher hot dogs and 9th Island daiquiris. Food specials are only available at the S+O restaurant. Drink specials available at Furnace Bar, Art Bar, Mob Bar and S+O Restaurant.
If you have an event or special that your would like to be included in one of our weekly lists, send a press release to firstname.lastname@example.org.