13 Things To Do This Week In Downtown Las Vegas
Here is a list of 13 Things To Do This Week In Downtown Las Vegas for July 3-10:
1. If you have never seen the Prince tribute show featuring Purple Reign, you are seriously missing out. By the end of the show, you will swear it was Prince himself on stage. The show recently opened at The D Las Vegas. Tickets start at $47.50.
2. Las Vegas favorite singer, Clint Holmes, will present "This Thing Called Love" July 4-6 at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. The acclaimed singer has been named Las Vegas Entertainer of the Year three times, Singer of the Year four times and awarded the Sammy Davis Jr. Foundation Award.
3. Pianist Danny Wright has sold more than 6 million albums worldwide and now you can see him at the Viva Las Vegas Events Center. He will perform during a special afternoon show at 5:30 p.m. July 4. He will be joined by vocalists Traci kesisian and Ron Decar. Tickets are $25-$35.
4. You have exactly three days left to see "The Book of Mormon" at The Smith Center for the Performing Arts. The irrevelent musical is from "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone and "Avenue Q's" Robert Lopez.
5. The Summer Comedy Club takes over the Downtown Grand every Thursday night. Allan Stephan, as seen on "Roseanne" and "The Tonight Show," will perform July 3. Show starts at 8 p.m. and it is free.
6. Enjoy 50 percent off specialty cocktails and listen to live jazz on Friday at the Mob Bar inside the Downtown Grand. Come back for the dueling pianos from 8 p.m. to midnight on July 5.
7. Triple George Grill is introducing a new power lunch for $19.99 in July. The four-course lunch includes 1/2 sandwich, the choice of soup or salad, one side dish and a dessert. Triple George Grill is located in Downtown3rd.
8. Don’t miss your chance to see Gallagher as he brings his “Gallagher’s Last Smash” tour, including the famous “Sledge-O-Matic” sketch, to the Golden Nugget Las Vegas Showroom July 8-19. “Gallagher’s Last Smash” combines Gallagher’s unique comedy style and a variety of props, including his signature “Sledge-O-Matic” sketch, which features a large wooden mallet that he uses to smash a variety of objects, most famously, watermelons.
9. Take your kids downtown on July 10 for the Children's Summer Concert Series featuring the Street Beat Kidz on July 10 at the Historic Fifth Street School. Tickets are $3 per person.
10. Summer Movies in the Park at the Downtown Container Park continue on July 3 with "Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Lost Ark." Admission is free and open to everyone.
11. It's time for another free concert on Fremont Street. The Rock of Vegas summer concert series will present a free Fourth of July concert by Papa Roach, POD and LIT.
12. If you haven't made it to the Velveteen Rabbit on Main Street, here is a good reason (besides their fabulous cocktails). Mercy Music and Jack Evan Johnson will be performing on the patio on July 3 and The Badlands and Cameron Calloway will perform July 10. All shows are free and start at 10 p.m.
13. Shoot some pool and check out Lime Cordiale, A Crowd of Small Adventures, Love Pentagon and Citrin3 on July 5 at the Backstage Bar & Billiards.
To add an event to our weekly list, send a press release to email@example.com.