Inspectors find roaches, mold at Ocha Cuisine
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- It is a Dirty Dining report that is sure to give you the chills.
The name of the downtown restaurant featured in this week's report rhymes with "roach."
And that is exactly what health inspectors found, along with a bunch of potentially contaminated food.
The owner of Ocha Thai Chinese Cuisine says her employees better know why Contact 13 showed up. She welcomed our visit and was straight up with us about the downtown restaurant's recent health inspection.
The inspection resulted in a 48-demerit closure, which she partly blames on nervous employees.
But nervous employees doesn't explain the multi-generational roaches that inspectors found under the sink in the kitchen and behind the work station.
Inspectors also found raw pork, cabbage, egg rolls, noodles, eggs, rice, bean sprouts and more that had to be thrown out because they were being held at unsafe temperatures.
One employee's hair net was clearly not on the employee's head. Instead, it was stored next to clean dishes. And utensils and the container that they were stored in were caked with excessive, dried-food debris.
Inspectors also found pink mold in the ice machine.
The owner told Action News that they have contacted a mechanic to resolve the problem with the ice machine once and for all.
Ocha has since been re-inspected and re-opened with an "A" grade, which they say that they intend to keep.