New details emerging into Las Vegas nightclub shooting, suspect
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- New details have been released on the shooting at a Las Vegas Strip nightclub early Monday morning that left one person dead and two others injured.
It happened around 5:30 a.m. at Drai's Afterhours Lounge inside Bally's.
Las Vegas police have identified the suspect as 41-year-old Benjamin Frazier of Las Vegas.
Police said Frazier walked into Drai's where a dispute ensued between him and a front door security host over the cover charge.
Frazier drew a handgun, shot the host and then another security guard.
Police said he then exited the front doors into the casino where a patron tackled him from behind. The patron wrestled Frazier to the ground and sustained gunshot wounds.
Frazier was taken into custody by assisting security personnel.
The victims were transported to UMC Trauma where the heroic patron died from his injuries. The other two victims were treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Frazier was transported to UMC with unknown injuries and has been booked in absentia. He has been charged with one count of murder and two counts of attempted murder with a deadly weapon.
The identity of the deceased will be released by the Clark County Coroner's Office.
Police said Frazier has a lengthy criminal history of getting involved in violent altercations at nightclubs.
In 1996, he was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon at a local nightclub.
Last year, he was arrested for battery of a bartender.
Frazier has a wife and three children, and was most recently working at a local car dealership.
"We feel for the victims, of course I do, at the same time, we don't have all the facts. We don't have Benjamin's side of the story, we don't know exactly what happened between Benjamin and the bouncer. We don't know what may have been the initial aggressor," said Bob Beckett, relative.
Police said it's too early to know whether alcohol was involved.