Motorcade, funeral service details released for fallen officer
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Details have been released for Las Vegas Police Officer David Vanbuskirk's funeral and accompanying processions on Monday.
According to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, a police motorcade will escort the fallen officer, his family and members of LVMPD's search and rescue team from Palm Mortuary on North Main Street to Central Christian Church in Henderson.
The motorcade will begin at 9 a.m. The route is as follows:
1. Exit the Palm parking lot onto Main Street,
2. Northbound on Main Street to Foremaster Lane,
3. Eastbound on Foremaster Lane to Las Vegas Boulevard,
4. Southbound on Las Vegas Boulevard to I-215,
5. Eastbound on I-215 to the US-95 Northbound transition,
6. US-95 Northbound to the Galleria Drive Exit,
7. Eastbound on Galleria Drive to Stufflebeam Avenue,
8. Northbound on Stufflebeam Avenue to the Church.
The motorcade is expected to arrive at Central Christian at around 9:30 or 9:45 a.m.
Following the arrival of the motorcade, there will be a public viewing at the church from 10 a.m. to noon. The funeral service will begin at noon and is anticipated to conclude at about 1:30 p.m.
Following the funeral service, the main motorcade will take place from Central Christian to the graveside service at Palm Mortuary and Cemetery on South Eastern Avenue.
The route for that motorcade is as follows:
1. Southbound on Stufflebeam Avenue to Galleria Drive,
2. Westbound on Galleria Drive to US-95,
3. Southbound on US-95 to I-215,
4. Westbound on I-215 to Eastern Avenue,
5. Northbound on Eastern Avenue to Palm Mortuary.
All northbound and southbound traffic will be stopped on Eastern and it will remain closed throughout the graveside service so that Eastern can be used for overflow parking.
Also, Eldorado Lane will be closed from Eastern to Topaz Street.
The graveside service is expected to last about one hour and will include a presentation of flags, a 21-gun salute, playing of taps and bagpipes and a flyover by the LVMPD Air Support Section.
Motorists should anticipate traffic delays in and around the motorcade route, the church and cemetery.