Loading...

Man suffers serious burns in fire at Grand Lux Cafe at Palazzo

Play

Photo: Video by ktnv.com

Man suffers serious burns in fire at Grand Lux Cafe at Palazzo

By Krista Hostetler. CREATED Aug 8, 2014

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- A man was taken to UMC with serious burns after a fire broke out at the Grand Lux Cafe at the Palazzo.

It happened around 8:30 a.m. on Friday.

The fire was a result of a malfunction on a gas line that supplied a stove.

The gas fire flashed and one male received first and second degree burns, and was transported to UMC.

The fire activated the automatic extinguishing system which also automatically shuts off the gas.

The fire was extinguished quickly and never extended to any portion of the structure.

Krista Hostetler

Krista Hostetler

Email Twitter
Krista Hostetler is currently the Senior Web Editor for ktnv.com and KTNV Mobile.