Restaurant tied to salmonella outbreak passes inspection
The Las Vegas restaurant that was closed after nearly 300 cases of salmonella were identified passed its most recent health inspection.Photo: Video by ktnv.com
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- The Las Vegas restaurant that was closed after nearly 300 cases of salmonella were identified passed its most recent health inspection.
The Southern Nevada Health District inspected Firefly on Paradise Road on July 18.
The restaurant received an "A" grade with three demerits.
The three demerits were received because food was not protected from potential contamination during storage and preparation.
The original location at 3900 Paradise Road was closed after the massive salmonella outbreak.
The outbreak was traced to cooked chorizo.
The move to a new location at 3824 Paradise Road was already in the works when the outbreak happened.
The new location opened on May 24.
The Firefly issued the following statement:
"We are proud to learn of the excellent results of the recent unannounced Health District review. We believe the inspection independently confirms the safety standards to which we adhere. Our commitment to our customers remains the same today as it has been for the past 10 years -- we are singularly focused on meeting the highest possible standards in food safety while at the same time sustaining the trust of our patrons."
Owner, Firefly Tapas Kitchen & Bar