Fire damages home near Vegas Drive and Buffalo, family dog dies

Rebecca Lewis

Fire damages home near Vegas Drive and Buffalo, family dog dies

CREATED Nov. 24, 2013

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- A fire damaged a home in the Summerlin area on Saturday night.

Firefighters responded to a fire near Vegas Drive and Buffalo and found smoke coming from a two-story home.

While searching for residents, they found a dog that was unresponsive. Firefighters performed CPR on the dog but were unable to revive it.

No one was home at the time.

Firefighters believe the fire started in a kitchen cabinet that had a few electrical items in it, but aren't able to say exactly how it started.

Five people are displaced due to the fire.

Damage is estimated at $60,000.

Loading...