2 people, 2 dogs displaced by west Las Vegas garage fire
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue responded to a garage fire shortly before 9 a.m. Wednesday morning on the west side of the Valley.Photo: Video by ktnv.com
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Las Vegas Fire & Rescue responded to a garage fire shortly before 9 a.m. Wednesday morning on the west side of the Valley.
The fire started in the garage of a one-story home in the 2300 block of Sun Cliffs Street, near West Lake Mead Boulevard and the Las Vegas Beltway. It was contained to the garage.
A senior citizen was inside the home at the time of the fire and smelled smoke. When he opened the door to the garage, he observed that it was filled with flames.
Responding firefighters found the garage fully engulfed. They were able to contain the fire to the garage but the home suffered smoke and heat damage.
A brand-new car in the garage and a golf cart were also destroyed.
Two senior citizens and their dogs were displaced because of the fire. The man was treated for very slight smoke inhalation at the scene.
The cause of the fire appears accidental. The damage is estimated at $100,000.
The American Red Cross is assisting the couple.
Action News will update this story if more information is received.