FedEx mechanic overcome by unknown fumes
North Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- The North Las Vegas Fire Department responded to 1121 West Cheyenne Avenue for a hazardous materials call.
The call came in around 12:15 p.m. on Tuesday.
When crews arrived, the fire department was met by the management of the FedEx commercial building. Occupants in the garage area had been evacuated.
The immediate area was sealed off by crews.
The fire department's Hazmat Team found a 50-gallon drum with an unknown liquid substance inside the container. Hazmat tested the substance, which is still unidentified.
The container was sealed and prepared for disposal by a local hazardous materials company. The air quality of the facility was tested and turned back over to the occupants.
One man was transported to the hospital to rule out any possible exposure concerns.
No other exposures or injuries were reported by any other employees or firefighters.