Dog killed in downtown motel fire Sunday night
Photo: Video by ktnv.com
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- A dog is dead after a fire Sunday night at the Safari Motel in downtown Las Vegas.
The motel is located at 2001 Fremont Street near Bruce Street.
Upon arrival, firefighters discovered flames shooting out of a window of the one-story motel with approximately 25 units. The fire was in an apartment that is connected to the manager's office.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in 5 minutes. The fire was confined mostly to the bedroom. Firefighters believe that the fire started in a mattress.
The manager and his girlfriend were able to escape the fire without injury but their dog did not.
No one else was injured.
Damage is estimated at $25,000.
Fire investigators are still investigating.