Cooking fire evacuates several units at local timeshare

Play

Video by ktnv.com

Cooking fire evacuates several units at local timeshare

By Krista Hostetler. CREATED Jul 24, 2014

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- There was a scare for people in a high-rise timeshare on Thursday morning, when the smoke alarms went off.

It happened inside one of the towers near the South Point hotel-casino, off Las Vegas Boulevard and Silverado Ranch.

Investigators said it started when someone's cooking burned.

Several units had to be evacuated as a precaution.

Krista Hostetler

Krista Hostetler

Email Twitter
Krista Hostetler is the Senior Web Editor for ktnv.com and KTNV Mobile.