Area fire departments launching firefighter recruitment drive
Our five local fire departments are currently looking for future firefighters and are accepting applications.
It is the first-of-its-kind regional recruitment drive. Las Vegas Fire and Rescue, Clark County Fire Department, and the fire departments for North Las Vegas, Henderson and Boulder City are all looking for recruits.
Applications will be accepted online only through www.snvfirerecruitment.com from Oct. 27 to Nov. 26.
The candidates who successfully complete the application and testing process will be forwarded to the fire departments for consideration as openings occur within their departments during the next year.
In addition, a series of outreach sessions will be held to help interested applicants learn about the different fire departments and address important dates for the recruitment effort, the application process, employment requirements, the testing process, test-taking tips and available positions. The joint recruitment saves local governments the cost of doing independent recruitment efforts and is more efficient for candidates because they can apply with more than one agency from the same application.
Regional Outreach Events
- Monday, Aug. 25, 1-3 p.m., Clark County Government Center Commission Chambers at 500 S. Grand Central Pkwy. in downtown Las Vegas. The session will be recorded for playback and viewing on the www.snvfirerecruitment.com website. The session also can be viewed live as it occurs on the agenda page of Clark County’s website at www.ClarkCountyNV.gov.
- Wednesday, Sept. 17, 1-3 p.m., College of Southern Nevada Cheyenne campus auditorium at 3200 E. Cheyenne Ave., North Las Vegas
- Tuesday, Oct. 14, 6-8 p.m., North Las Vegas City Hall, 2250 N. Las Vegas Blvd.
Local/Neighborhood Outreach Sessions
- Thursday, Aug. 28, 1-3 p.m, Las Vegas City Hall Council Chambers, 495 S. Main St.
- Friday, Sept. 5, 2-4 p.m., Desert Breeze Recreation Center, 8275 W Spring Rd.
- Thursday, Sept. 18, 9-11 a.m., Las Vegas City Hall Council Chambers, 495 S. Main St.
- Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2-4 p.m., Hollywood Recreation Center, 1650 S. Hollywood Blvd.
- Wednesday, Oct. 8, 6-8 p.m., Las Vegas City Hall Council Chambers, 495 S. Main St.
- Friday, Oct. 17, 2:30-4:30 p.m., West Flamingo Senior Center, 6255 W. Flamingo Road
- Wednesday, Oct 29, 2-4 p.m., Sunset Park Office Conference Room, 2601 E Sunset Rd.
- Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2-4 p.m., Mountain Crest Park Center, 4701 N Durango
- Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2-4 p.m., Robert Bob Price Community Center, 2050 Bonnie Lane
A public service announcement about the recruitment effort also will air on Clark County Television CCTV and KCLV, Channel 2, the city’s government access channel. Several informational items will be featured on the snvfirerecruitment.com website. From Aug. 26-Oct. 1 the site will host an ongoing Crowd Hall question and answer session about the recruitment drive.