Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Six children and their parents are without a home after their apartment caught fire around 1:30 a.m. near Spencer Street and East Hacienda Avenue.
According to the fire department, the woman who lived in the apartment on East Reno Street fell asleep while a candle was burning. When she woke up, her bed was on fire.
She thought she put it out and left the house. But when she and her kids came back, the apartment was filled with smoke.
By the time the fire department arrived, it was a fully-involved fire that ultimately affected four units.
A total of 11 people were displaced, including 5 adults and 6 kids.
Phillip Brown lives in the unit where the fire started. He said he's glad everyone was able to escape and it appears no one was hurt. He said it's good that only material items were lost.
"They can all be replaced," said Brown. "It's just a matter of time you know, and yeah, it sucks. I admit it. I'm only wearing shorts and that's all I have now."
No one was injured in the fire and the American Red Cross is helping the people who were displaced.
Damage is estimated at $60,000.