3 people displaced after fire in mobile home on West Tropicana Avenue
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Three adults and one child were displaced after a fire shortly before 3 a.m. Wednesday at the Tropicana Village Mobile Home Park on West Tropicana Avenue.
The fire began in an enclosed patio area and was started by an unattended candle. It spread to one other room before firefighters were able to extinguish it.
The residents were able to get out safely and without injury.
The home was heavily damaged and there were no functioning smoke detectors in the home. One of the residents was awakened by the smell of smoke.
No damage estimate was provided by the fire department. The American Red Cross is assisting the residents.
Damage was estimated at $18,000.