Henderson police targeting distracted drivers for two weeks
Henderson will be targeting a dozen intersections in the next few weeksPhoto: Video by ktnv.com
Henderson, NV (KTNV) -- In an effort to make local roads safer, Henderson police will be targeting intersections looking for accident-causing traffic violations.
Henderson police will be joined by other area officers for this enforcement effort, which starts on Friday and continues over two weeks with enhanced enforcement on various days.
Plain-clothes officers will be at busy intersections, radioing uniformed police officers to pull over drivers who are committing traffic violations.
Some dangerous intersections in Henderson, which may see extra enforcement include:
- Horizon Ridge Parkway and Eastern Avenue
- Eastern Avenue and St. Rose Parkway
- Sunset Road and Marks Street
- Stephanie Street and Warm Springs Road
- Stephanie Street and Sunset Road
- Lake Mead Parkway and Boulder Highway
- Green Valley Parkway and Sunset Road
- Stephanie Street and American Pacific Drive
- Eastern Avenue and Serene Avenue
- Seven Hills Drive and St. Rose Parkway
Officers will be looking for drivers running red lights, following too closely, driving aggressively, making unsafe lane changes, failing to yield to pedestrians and distracted driving.