Fire damages six units at storage facility on Sirius Avenue
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- A fire late Tuesday night damaged six units at a large storage rental facility.
A call was received at about 10:03 that the automatic fire sprinklers had activated at the Store N Lock storage facility at 3350 Sirius Avenue.
Firefighters from Las Vegas and Clark county responded. Upon arrival, smoke was visible coming from the building's air vents.
Fire was discovered in one unit and was spreading slowly into the unit on the opposite side of the building.
Firefighters were able to put the fire out within a few minutes.
The fire started in an electric power strip that was connected to a light unit in the storage unit. The fire has been ruled accidental.
The fire directly damaged two units and four other units sustained smoke and water damage. Damage to the building is estimated at $15,000.