Stove left on sparks Las Vegas home fire, displaces 4
LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Four people are displaced after a stove that was left on sparked a fire in their Las Vegas home. Las Vegas firefighters ay they responded about 10:30 a.m.
Tuesday to a fire on El Conlin Avenue, near the intersection of Sahara Avenue and Valley View Road. Crews found a fire in the kitchen and were able to put it out within minutes.
Investigators say the cause was a burner that wasn't shut off after it was used earlier in the morning. Nobody was home at the time, but two adults and two children have been displaced from the house. Officials estimate the fire caused $75,000 in damages.