Free immunization clinics for children being held this month
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- The Southern Nevada Immunization and Health Coalition and many health partners will sponsor a week of immunization clinics during Nevada Infant Immunizations Week.
The clinics will take place April 20-27, beginning with a kickoff event hosted by the Southern Nevada Health District.
Nevada Immunization Week is an annual observance that highlights the importance of protecting infants from vaccine-preventable diseases, and serves as a call to action for parents, caregivers and healthcare providers to ensure infants are fully immunized.
The clinics will offer vaccines at no cost to those who are Vaccines for Children eligible. Eligibility applies to children younger than 19 who are uninsured or have insurance coverage that does not cover vaccinations; are members of Nevada Check Up or Medicaid-eligible; or are American Indian or Alaskan natives.
All attendees should be prepared to show identification and shot records.
The clinics will be held at the following locations:
- Saturday, April 20 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Southern Nevada Health District's Passport to Immunizations program at 330 South Valley View Boulevard
- Saturday, April 20 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Nehemiah Ministries' Random Act of Kindness community health fair at 3606 North Rancho Drive
- Tuesday, April 23 from 9 a.m. to noon at Catholic Charities at 1501 Las Vegas Boulevard North
- Wednesday, April 24 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at St. Rose Dominican Hospital - San Martin Campus at 8280 West Warm Springs Road
- Thursday, April 25 from 4 p.m to 7 p.m. at Helping Kids Clinic's after-school hours program at 1000 East St. Louis Avenue
- Friday, April 26 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Nevada Health Centers at 1799 Mount Mariah Drive
- Saturday, April 27 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Springs Preserve at 333 South Valley View Boulevard
- Saturday, April 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Southwest Medical Associates at 650 North Nellis Boulevard
For more information on the week's immunization clinics, click here.