Two senior adults displaced by fire at Monterey Apartments
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Las Vegas and Clark County firefighters responded to an apartment fire at the Villa Monterey Apartments, near East Charleston Boulevard and Eastern Avenue, late Thursday night.
The call was received at about 10:27 p.m. Dispatchers were told that an upstairs apartment in the 1200 block of Burnham Avenue was on fire.
Firefighters found heavy flames and smoke when they arrived. They were able to bring the fire under control within a few minutes.
Two senior adults lived in the apartment. One them was at home watching television when she heard popping noises from the patio and then saw fire.
Fire investigators discovered that the patio was covered with excess belongings and debris and several extension cords were being used on the patio. However, they were unable to determine an exact cause for the fire.
The two adults were relocated to another apartment in the complex. Damage was estimated at $50,000.