Breaking News: Man dead after being stabbed near McDonald's More »

Fire, water main break near Desert Inn and Nellis

Molly Waldron

Fire, water main break near Desert Inn and Nellis

CREATED Feb. 22, 2013

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- A fire and a water main break caused a headache for residents in one Valley neighborhood on Friday afternoon.

Clark County firefighters were called to the 4800 block of Saguaro way, near Desert Inn and Nellis, at about 1:40 p.m.

When they arrived, they discovered a mobile home on fire. 

A water main in front of the home broke, flooding the street.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze. Water District crews were called to examine and repair the water main break.

One firefighter suffered an ankle injury during the incident. No other injuries were reported.

The mobile home was a total loss with damage estimated at $40,000. The neighbor also sustained $2,000 in damage from the fire.

Action News will update this story as new information becomes available.