Weather Alerts 1 View »

Las Vegas tourists react to shooting, search for suspects continues

Las Vegas tourists react to shooting, search for suspects continues

By Spencer Lubitz. CREATED Feb 21, 2013

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- After more than 16 hours actively investigating a shooting and fiery car crash that resulted in three deaths, Las Vegas police reopened the intersection of Flamingo and Las Vegas Boulevard.

Even though the intersection has reopened, officers are still on the lookout for multiple suspects who they say are armed and dangerous.

Officials said the incident started as a fight in the valet at Aria Hotel, that later resulted in multiple suspects in a black Range Rover shooting and killing the driver of a Maserati. 

The driver, having been shot, sped through the intersection striking a taxi cab and then causing a six-vehicle crash; both the taxi driver and passenger died when the cab exploded.

"Clearly the suspects in this shooting have no regard for the lives and the safety of others," said Metro Sheriff Doug Gillespie.

After Metro cleared the scene, tourists who had been cooped up in their hotel rooms all day made a point to come check out the intersection. Most said it was a scary sight, but said they would make a return trip to Las Vegas.  

"We'll come back. We'll always be here, We love Las Vegas," said Debra Gomez, visiting from Southern California. 

The search for the suspects, who are only described as black males, continues.

Spencer Lubitz

Spencer Lubitz

Email Facebook Twitter
Spencer Lubitz is a general assignment reporter for Action News.

Loading...