Warming stations open around Las Vegas valley through Friday
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Clark County and the Southern Nevada Regional Planning Coalition has opened shelters around the valley for those needing respite from the bitter cold that is gripping the Las Vegas area.
The shelters will be open today through Friday.
- Black Mountain Recreation Center, 599 Greenway Road (at E. Horizon Drive), Henderson, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Cambridge Recreation Center, 3930 Cambridge St., Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Dr. William U. Pearson Community Center, 1625 W. Carey Ave., Las Vegas, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Dula Gymnasium, 441 E. Bonanza Road, Las Vegas, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Hollywood Recreation Center, 1650 S. Hollywood Boulevard, Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Stupak Community Center, 251 W. Boston Ave., Las Vegas, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Valley View Recreation Center, 500 Harris St. (at Basic Road), Henderson, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Walnut Recreation Center, 3075 N. Walnut Ave., Las Vegas, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The Salvation Army will also continue to be open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily at 33 W. Owens Ave. (near Stocker Street), North Las Vegas.
Overnight shelter remains available at the following locations:
- Catholic Charities, 1511 N. Las Vegas Boulevard (near Foremaster Lane), Las Vegas, for men.
- The Salvation Army, 33 West Owens Ave. (near Stocker Street), North Las Vegas, for men and women.
- The Shade Tree, 1 West Owens Ave. (near Main Street), North Las Vegas, for women and children.
To find the nearest warming station, dial 211 from any phone, or click here.