Loading...

Weather Alerts 1 View »

Fire out at business on Spring Mountain Road

Fire out at business on Spring Mountain Road

By Joyce Lupiani. CREATED Oct 10, 2012

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Firefighters were called to a fire at a shoe repair business in the 5000 block of Spring Mountain Road, near Decatur Boulevard.

Fire crews from both Clark County and city of Las Vegas responded to the fire. A call was received at 4:19 a.m. Wednesday morning from the owner of Mike's Shoe Repair because he had light smoke in the business.

According to the owner of the shoe repair store, he was working on a machine in the shop when the fire started.

Firefighters discovered a smoldering fire in the machine and attic space. A second alarm was called as a precaution but firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly.

Damage to the shoe repair shop is estimated at $75,000. There is also some damage to the roof of the Volcano Tea House, located next door.

No one was injured in the fire.

Action News will continue to update this story if more information becomes available.

Joyce Lupiani

Joyce Lupiani

Email Twitter
Joyce Lupiani is the managing editor for PositivelyLV.com and contributes to KTNV.com and NowTrending.com.