Electrical fire causes $150,000 in damage to apartment complex

Krista Hostetler

Courtesy: Las Vegas Fire & Rescue

Electrical fire causes $150,000 in damage to apartment complex

CREATED Oct. 6, 2012

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Firefighters with Las Vegas Fire & Rescue were called to an apartment fire Saturday morning.

It happened just before 8:30 a.m. at the Alpine Village Apartments on Brush Street, near Decatur Boulevard.

Crews said most of the damage was in the attic of the building. Three units suffered heavy damage, while others were minor. The estimated cost of damage is $150,000. 

One firefighters was transported to the hospital with minor injuries. All tenants got out safely.

The cause of the fire was electrical in the attic and has been ruled accidental.

14 people received assistance from the American Red Cross.

Loading...