Smoke shop fire result of attempted break in

Joyce Lupiani

Smoke shop fire result of attempted break in

CREATED Oct. 5, 2012

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- A smoke shop in the 3200 block of East Sunset Road, near South Sandhill Road, caught on fire this morning after thieves attempted to break in using a cutting torch.

The Clark County Fire Department, Las Vegas Fire & Rescue and Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department responded to a report of the fire at about 2:09 a.m. this morning.

Prior to their arrival, the owners of the smoke shop were called to the scene by their security alarm company because their burglar alarm had been activated.

When the owners arrived, they found smoke inside the business and called 911.

Responding fire crews were able to quickly douse the fire, which was located near the back door of the business.

It was determined that someone used a cutting torch in an attempt to open the back door and caused the fire.

Damage was estimated at $5,000.

LVMPD is now investigating the burglary.

 

Loading...