Fire involving deep fryer claims second victim
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- The fire that took the life of a father after a spilled deep fryer ignited a blaze has now claimed another victim.Photo: Video by ktnv.com
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- The fire that took the life of a father after a spilled deep fryer ignited a blaze has now claimed another victim.
According to Clark County Coroner's Office, Claudia Parga passed away early Saturday morning.
The fire happened around 11 a.m. Sept. 22 at a residence on Reeder Circle, near South Maryland Parkway and East Hacienda Avenue.
A dozen or more friends and family had gathered at the home for a celebration. A deep fryer that was in use on a front porch was knocked over and the spilled oil ignited.
The fire quickly spread to the rest of the house and attic.
Five people were transported to the hospital; a man, two women and two children.
Polo Rodriguez died of his injuries a few days after the fire.
Rodriguez's mother-in-law, wife, son and niece were also hospitalized.
His mother-in-law was released later with only minor burns.
The son and niece remain hospitalized. There is no information at this time of their condition.
A special bank account is being set up to cover hospital bills and funeral expenses and to help the family start over. It is set up at Wells Fargo, Act # 5714691705.