Head of Nevada Gaming Control Board to step down
CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) -- The chairman of the Nevada Gaming Control board is stepping down at the end of the month.
Mark Lipparelli on Tuesday said he is resigning effective Sept. 28 so that a new chairman has time to prepare before the 2013 Legislature convenes in February. His four-year term was to expire Dec. 31.
Gov. Brian Sandoval praised Lipparelli's service and said his insight of the industry, particularly in the area of online gambling, has been a valuable asset as Nevada sets the groundwork for the next generation of gambling.
The 47-year-old Lipparelli was appointed to the three-person board in 2009 by former Gov. Jim Gibbons.
He is a former executive vice president of Bally Technology and owned a technology development company.
Lipparelli also worked previously at Shuffle Master Inc.