Henderson kidnap suspect appears in court
Mariano Sanchez-Sanchez appeared in a Henderson court this morning for his first appearance after being accused of kidnapping a Henderson girl.Photo: Video by ktnv.com
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Police have arrested the last two suspects that they say are responsible for kidnapping a 17-year-old Henderson girl.
One of them was in Henderson Justice Court today for his 72-hour hearing.
Mariano Sanchez-Sanchez was arrested in Las Vegas last week.
A judge ordered him back in court on Sept. 17.
The fourth suspect -- Jose Sanchez-Perez -- was arrested in California over the weekend.
Melissa Duran says she was snatched from her home about two weeks ago when she answered the door while getting ready for school.
The kidnappers called Melissa's family and demanded a ransom for her safe return.
Henderson police caught up with the first two suspects within 21 hours.
25-year-old Alejandro Manuel Sanchez-Sanchez and 30-year-old Cesar Sanchez were busted at the Flower Avenue Apartments near Stewart and Hansen Avenues.
That is where Duran was reportedly held.
Investigators say that all of the men were living there.
The 17-year-old says that one of her captors was a former employee of her father. Police say he was fired from Duran's father's landscaping company about four months ago.