Firefighters respond to fire at senior living facility
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Several people received minor injuries in an afternoon apartment fire.
It happened at the Sunrise Gardens Apartments on El Conlon Avenue, near Valley View Boulevard and Sahara Avenue, shortly before 3 p.m. Wednesday.
Firefighters arrived on scene at the senior living facility, quickly located the fire and extinguished it.
One woman inside was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. She was displaced and will be assisted by the American Red Cross.
She told firefighters she was lighting incense in her room and it caught her mattress on fire, then her air conditioning unit. She tried to stop it before evacuating.
The woman was the only person displaced.
Three other people were treated on the scene for smoke inhalation.
The fire, which caused about $10,500 in damage, has been ruled accidental by investigators.
About 60 firefighters responded to the fire.