Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has released the police report related to the double slaying of 38-year-old Ignacia "Yadira" Martinez and her 10-year-old daughter Karla Martinez and the assault of another woman.
The report details how detectives were able to connect 22-year-old Bryan Clay through forensic evidence to the double slaying from a woman that was sexually assaulted during the early-morning hours of April 15 and evidence that was left at the scene of the double slaying, including a jacket and a t-shirt.
The murders of the mother and the daughter and the attack on husband and father, Arturo Martinez, were discovered the morning of April 16 when a 9-year-old boy told school officials at Hoggard Elementary that his mother and sister were dead.
He also told them that his father had two holes in his head and was acting strange and there was blood all over the house.
The report details the discovery of another little boy, who was unharmed, in the home by responding police officers and the collection of evidence at the gruesome crime scene.
The two boys, ages 9 and 4, were in the house for more than 24 hours with the bodies of their mother and sister and their injured father before the 9-year-old went to his school.
In addition, the report reveals that a sexual assault kit was completed on the mother.
Clay was arrested April 27 at his mother's home after she called to let police. His mother was aware that the police were looking for him.
He was initially picked up on a warrant for felony child abuse.
According to the report, Clay told detectives that he had been partying with his brother and some friends the night of April 14.
He said he drank some "dark liquor," took some "Transformers" and smoked some "Sherm" (cigarettes dipped in PCP) and then fell asleep and did not wake up until the next afternoon.
When confronted by detectives about the attack on the woman shortly before 2 a.m. April 15, Clay did not deny being involved, only that he could not remember what happened.
Clay also did not deny being involved with the attack on the Martinez family. Again he stated that he did not remember.
He went on to say "detectives should have killed him instead of arresting him and that he wanted them to kill him now instead of taking him to jail."
Clay also commended the detectives for their professionalism in dealing with him.
Police used DNA evidence, cellphone records, clothing and a thumb print from the Martinez home to connect Clay to the crimes.
Clay is currently facing two counts of murder with a deadly weapon, one count of attempted murder with a deadly weapon, three counts of sexual assault with a deadly weapon, and one count of burglary.
He is also being charged with one count each of kidnap with intent to commit a crime, attempted murder, sexual assault and robbery.
Clay was also originally suspected to be involved in the attack of another woman on April 23 near Bonanza Road and Rancho Drive. However, it appears that is now a separate case.
Clay is scheduled to appear before a judge on Wednesday morning.
Arturo Martinez is still in very serious condition at a local hospital. He has not been told that his wife and child are dead.