13 Things To Do This Week On The Strip
Childish Gambino performs at the REVOLT TV First Annual Upfront presentation at Marquee on April 22, 2014 in New York City.
Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Here is a list of 13 Things To Do This Week On The Strip in Las Vegas from May 1-8:
1. Rod Stewart is back for another run in The Colosseum at Caesars Palace. He will be there until May 17. The singer also recently announced 18 more shows at Caesars this fall.
2. It's the show that ABBA fans have been waiting for. "Mamma Mia!" returns to the Las Vegas Strip on May 8. The show will be presented in the Tropicana Theater. A sing-along to the movie version will take place at 8:30 p.m. May 3 at the Tropicana's pool. Free admission with 2-item food donation. Benefit for Three Square Food Bank. Special guests and prizes. Doors open at 7:30.
3. Veronic DiCaire is back at Bally's Las Vegas and she has launched a new campaign titled Lend Your Voice to benefit local charities.
4. Comedian Anthony Jeselnik performs May 2 in the Terry Fator Theater at The Mirage. Jeselnik is known for his off-color sense of humor.
5. The Riviera has two new shows for fans of oldies -- Forever Doo Wop and Forever Motor City. Forever Doo Wop features singers from The Coasters, Platters, Drifters, Marvelettes and The Main Ingredient. Forever Motor City singers are from The Jones, Main Ingredient and The Spinners. Both shows are performed nightly inside the casino lounge.
6. The band that started as a drunken joke for Dan Finnerty is back at the House of Blues in Mandalay Bay. The Dan Band takes the stage for a night of hilarity and surprisingly good music May 2.
7. Dozens of celebrity chefs are once again participating in Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appetit from May 8-11. Events take place at Aria, Caesars Palace, The Venetian, Bellagio and MGM Grand. Chefs include Bobby Flaym Giada De laurentis, Francois Payard, Guy Savoy, Gordon Ramsay, Nobu Matsuhisa, Thomas Keller and more.
8. Childish Gambino, who has been called one of the most exciting young talents in hip hop, performs at The Chelsea inside The Cosmopolitan on May 2.
9. It's another big fight weekend in Las Vegas when Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr. and Marcos "El Chino" Maidana box for the WBA Welterweight World Champion title at the MGM Grand.
10. Juan Palo Galavis, the sexy star of the most recent installment of ABC's "The Bachelor," is hosting a bachelorette bash with free champagne for the ladies on May 2 at Chateau Nightclub & Rooftop at Paris Las Vegas.
11. It's going to be a hot weekend and the perfect time to check out the Daydream Pool Club at M Resort. It is their grand-opening weekend and DJ Sandman will electrify the turntables while partygoers enjoy drink specials. Free for hotel guests, $20 for non-hotel guests.
12. Culinary Dropout at the Hard Rock Hotel is hosting a five-course craft beer pairing dinner highlighting signature brews from Las Vegas' Joseph James Brewery on May 8. Cost is only $50 per person, which is a pretty good price for a full dinner and good beer.
13. LoveSick Radio will bring their distinctive blend of unapologetic rock coupled with pop melodies and a little hip-hop swagger to The Lounge at The Palms at 10 p.m. May 2 and 3. Best of all, the show is free.
If you have an event you would like to be included in this list, send a press release to email@example.com.