OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) - Two days after a mother and son were found dead, investigators have released how they died.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office says autopsies have concluded that Maureen Flanagan, 54, died from blunt force trauma to the head.
Her son, 18-year-old Cooper Flanagan, died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
"We're trying to get over this situation," said Amy Dorland, Maureen's sister, when Action 3 News spoke to her by phone Friday. "I found out what the autopsy said, and we're just trying to get over it."
Officials say Maureen was found in the basement of the home at 1824 N. 155th Avenue, and Cooper was in a vehicle parked in the garage.
They were found Wednesday after a deputies arrived for a well being check prompted by a concerned friend.
The Sheriff’s Office says they are still piecing together what happened leading up their deaths.
Previous coverage on KMTV:
- July 16: UPDATE: Neighbor, Classmate Talk About Omaha Double Death Investigation
- July 16: UPDATE: Son Was Supposed To Appear In Court Today