YOU ASK. WE INVESTIGATE: A Whispering Palms Apartments Former Insider Speaks Out
Photo: Video by kmir6.com
PALM SPRINGS - Health complications were a regular occurrence to Jeff Walker, while he lived inside the Whispering Palms Apartments in Palm Springs.
"Me and my girlfriend both experienced headaches, bloody noses and personally one of my dogs has developed cancer underneath the skin," shared Walker.
During his six month lease, he also worked at the complex doing maintenance, which he said helped him discover why he was getting sick.
"There's many different types of mold and the main key one here is the black mold due to the water damage, due to all the plumbing issues that they have," explained Walker, adding that there is a mold infestation throughout the complex.
He said he tried to repair three apartments, but management didn't offer him sufficient funds to complete it. According to him, these apartments were not inspected by any mold inspection companies, but he is confident what he has seen inside the units is mold based on his years of experience doing construction and plumbing work.
"You know mold is everywhere, but when it gets out of control as far as the level what happened behind here that's when it becomes a problem," said Walker.
One of the main reasons he quit working at the complex is because management made it difficult for him to make any repairs and was limited in funds, according to Walker.
"As far as addressing problems, if it's major and they're going to get hit by the city or something like that, they'll fix it right away, but little things, they'll let go until it comes to major problems," said Walker.
The manager of the complex, Stacey Barasch, declined to comment on these mold allegations.